Well, it came together for Mark. My wrist isn't strong enough yet after surgery to pull this together and stitch. He ran leather stripping I got from Michael's into the existing holes. I then used E-6000 glue to hold it together. Guaranteed to cause cancer in California, it's supposed to be the strongest glue you can buy. Eh, give me Gorilla any day.
Now it's all nice and clean, it's time to get some glass.
I went to my go-to glass place and basically just traced the shape of the underside. It took them about 10 minutes to cut, and I was on my way. Thank you again, Waco Glass and Mirror!
I did the first layer and let it sit a minute, then took vinegar/water and spritzed it. Then took a paper towel and dabbed at it.
Then, I did it a second time.
Then it was time to attach everything. My phone ate the pics of this step, but I glued it on with clear Gorilla glue (the kind that foams white), then added black felt to the back. And here we are! I think to hang it, I will put S-hooks through the sides, in the back and add rope. I'm still working that one out, and if anyone has any ideas, they would be greatly appreciated. It's very heavy.
And here's some before and after's I've worked on in the last few months!
Union Jack Toy box with shelving. My husband was on QC to make sure my stripes were right. Can you tell where we went wrong?
Little cream dresser that I got for $5 at the ReStore. It had an odd piece of wood nailed to the side.
I got these chairs for $5 each at a yard sale.
This little table is also from the ReStore. It was just that orangy brown color, so it got a sanding, spray painted stencil and paint and stain.
I was given this chest for some work I did. This is one of my favorite pieces. My sister now owns it.
I also have a thing for pendant lights right now. We made some out of antique egg baskets, and a rare antique Crouse and Hinds explosion-proof light cage. These are for sale through my Etsy store. :)
I can't believe I didn't get a before pic of this coffee table. But, it was a $5 flea market find. It was orange wood, and had the lines in it already. I kept telling Mark I saw a door in it. He thought I was crazy until it was finished. Now he sees it.
And lastly, is our little farm house table. Mark found the top on the side of the road and the legs we found in an old barn in Gettysburg, PA. We added a couple of pieces of wood to the sides to make it bigger and pallet wood around the sides after everything was attached. I stained the top espresso and painted the legs with Farrow and Ball French Gray...which is more of a green.
The metal strapping was something found at the ReStore and I attached them to the table with glue. I then pushed in thumb tacks that I painted with Modern Masters Iron Paint and sprayed with their Rust Activator.
I hope you enjoyed today's post and my little projects! And as always, any questions, just holler!